During first & second year of residency, I worked under supervised setting involving outpatient & inpatient care, attended emergency calls & assisted emergency procedures. In addition to hands on training under highly experienced professors, I was allowed to perform following procedures independently:
First Post Graduate Year
Incision and Drainage
Second Post Graduate Year
- Nasal Surgeries: Septoplasty, SMR, Antral Puncture, Caldwell Luc, Polypectomy
- Tracheostomy – emergency & planned
- Endoscopies – Direct Laryngoscopy, Nasal Endoscopy
- Minor procedures: excisions, biopsies
- Temporal bone dissection in supervised setting as well as independently
Third Post Graduate Year
In addition to First & Second year procedures:
- Myringotomy, Insertion of Ventilation tubes.
- Canal wall down procedures (Radical Mastoidectomy, Modified Radical, Mastoidectomy)
- Canal Wall Up Procedures (Tympanoplasty with Cortical Mastoidectomy)
- Myringoplasty, Tympanoplasty ,Stapedectomy
Head and Neck Surgeries:
- Thyroid surgery
- Head and Neck trauma.
- Aerodigestive tract endoscopies
- Foreign body removal from ear, nose, pharynx and esophagus.
- Diagnostic nasal endoscopies, Microscopic examination of ear